Kansas Highway Patrol Banner Home Contact Us Site Map Kansas.gov
About the KHP Career Opportunities Facts and FAQs Field Operations Fleet Sales In Memory Links PARTNERS Program Press Room

Drivers' Licenses

Drivers' licenses in Kansas are issued and administered by the Kansas Department of Revenue. Check out the Kansas Department of Revenue's Web site for more information. Select a category below for more information.

New Residents

Address Changes

Restricted Licenses/Teen Drivers

New Residents

New Kansas residents are required to obtain a Kansas driver's license and vehicle registration within 90 days of establishing residency (e.g. starting a job in Kansas, buying or leasing property, enrolling children in school, registering to vote, etc.).

Non-resident, full-time college students (at least 12 class credit hours per semester) and active duty military personnel are exempt from having to obtain a Kansas license or registration.

Change of Address

People who hold current Kansas drivers' licenses are required to notify the Kansas Department of Revenue of a change of address within 10 days of moving. This can be done by mail or online at the Kansas Department of Revenue's Web site.

[Back to Top]