Contact Us

To report an emergency or immediate problem

  • Call *47 to report an immediate problem, such as an erratic driver on a Kansas highway
  • Call *KTA (*582) to report an immediate problem on the Kansas Turnpike
  • EMERGENCY: Call 911

Verification of Employment

Verification of Employment

Verification of employment requests are processed by our Human Resources department. Please fax your request to 785-296-7908 or call 785-296-8091

VIN Inspections

If your question concerns a salvage vehicle, search Kansas Highway Patrol on the county dropdown.  All other questions can be directed to a VIN Inspection near you.
Find a VIN Inspection Station


Recognition for a job well done is important. If a trooper or other member of the Patrol renders a service that you feel is worthy of a commendation, we would like to hear about it. Fill out our Compliments/Complaints form. Compliments can also be sent via email, written letter, or phone to the listed address and phone number.


The Kansas Highway Patrol takes all complaints seriously. If you have a complaint about the Patrol or one of its employees, fill out our Compliments/Complaints form. You may also call or mail a letter to the Professional Standards Unit at 785-296-5947.

Crash Reports

The Kansas Highway Patrol Crash Log allows you to retrieve preliminary information on any injury or fatality crash that occurred in the last 14 days. You can search the crash logs by date, county, and type of crash. Logs are continually updated while posted to the site and subject to change. Please read the disclaimer to get information on how and when you can obtain an official crash report.

Copies of official crash reports may be obtained online, in person or by written request from the Records Section at General Headquarters. A $5 fee will be assessed for reproduction of official accident reports and a $2 fee assessed per witness statement. Payment is required at the time of request.

Kansas Open Records Act (KORA)

The Kansas Highway Patrol is committed to following the rules of the Kansas Open Records Act.