Salvage Vehicle VIN Inspection

Cost: $25

  • Fees for inspections performed at a KHP Inspection station will be collected by your County Treasurer at the time title/registration work is completed.
  • Inspections performed at a designee location, such as a Sheriff’s office, will collect payment at the time of inspection. The form of payment is up to the designee location.

If you have any questions, please contact the location in which you will be getting your inspection done before arrival.

A vehicle, trailer, or specialty vehicle that has incurred damage requiring such vehicle to be designated a salvage vehicle requires a more in-depth inspection. Salvage inspections are only performed at Kansas Highway Patrol VIN Inspection Stations.  The most common items you will need are:

  • The original receipts for all parts purchased and replaced
  • Work order(s) for repairs made
  • Photos of the vehicle showing damage prior to repair
  • Any additional documents associated with the repair of the vehicle

If used replacement parts are used during the repairs, you will be required to provide the VIN number of the donor vehicle (vehicle parts were taken from) for each part used during the repair.  Bring your vehicle and all associated documents to your nearest Kansas Highway Patrol MVE/VIN inspection station for an inspection.

Find a Kansas Highway Patrol VIN Inspection Station