What forms of payment do you accept?

Fees for inspections performed at a  KHP Inspection station will be collected by your County Treasurer at the time title/registration work is completed.

Inspections performed at a designee location, such as a Sheriff’s office, will collect payment at the time of inspection.  The form of payment is up to the designee location.

  • If you have any questions, please contact the location in which you will be getting your inspection done before arrival.

Show All Answers

1. How much does it cost?
2. What forms of payment do you accept?
3. What do I need to bring for the inspection?
4. Does my vehicle need to be insured at the time of inspection?
5. I do not have a Kansas driver's license, can I use one from out of state?
6. Does the vehicle owner need to be present at the inspection?
7. I am making payments on my vehicle so my lien holder has my title. How do I get a copy for the inspection?
8. I do not have a license plate for my vehicle. How do I get it there legally for the inspection?
9. My car is not running, can you come to my house to do the inspection?
10. If I bring my car on a trailer or on the back of a truck, will it need to be unloaded?
11. Does an inspection form expire?
12. What do I do once the inspection is complete?