What do I need if I have a Salvage Title?

Salvage inspections are only performed at Kansas Highway Patrol VIN Inspection Stations.  The most common items you will need are:

  • The original receipts for all parts purchased and replaced
  • Work order for repairs made
  • Photos of the vehicle showing damage prior to repair
  • Any additional documents associated with the repair of the vehicle

If used replacement parts are used during the repairs, you will be required to provide the VIN number of the donor vehicle (vehicle parts were taken from) for each part used during the repair.  Bring your vehicle and all associated documents to your nearest Kansas Highway Patrol MVE/VIN inspection station for an inspection.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need if I have a Salvage Title?
2. Does my vehicle need to be repaired if it is a salvage?